5 Simple Ways You Can Make Restaurant Salads Healthy Again
1. Put together a play list of your favorite salads and the restaurants that may offer them. Review the nutritional information on company websites or use any number of free software programs available on line.
2. Try to get an overview of where the restaurants are in relation to where you’ll be over the course of the week and your schedule by having a general idea of when you’ll be going to eat away from home.
3. Control as much as possible by having items placed on the side, use take-out containers for the extra cheese and meat which is great the next day with fresh greens and veggies!
4. Use healthy natural vinegar! It is full of nutritional benefits and will help you cut down on sodium and fat on prepared dressings. Just moisten the salad first with the vinegar of your choice and then you’ll be able to get by with considerably less dressing. This is commonly what puts even a plain salad over the top.
5. Be patient, while restaurant chains have mandatory calorie posting, it is not uncommon to experience frustrating difficulties in trying to access some information. Recognize that being a hungry consumer will override any attempt to make a healthy choice – be mindful and let planning work for you!
Eat Healthy, Be Happy!